Times change. Fast. So keeping up with your customer’s needs can be challenging. SJC has been successfully developing brand clarity for decades. Using analytics, strategy and design to create a strong visual presence, we craft brand stories that are current, compelling, and connect to customers. Change is good.
Creating and building brand identities are part of our DNA, stemming from the late Don Watt, creator of the revolutionary Loblaw’s No Name and President’s Choice brands. We continue to follow Don’s package design philosophy while improving and modernizing the process.
In today’s digital-first world, we know brands have to work all that much harder, on-shelf and beyond. SJC’s 4-step approach helps create effective and memorable brands that will stand the test of time.
- Review relevant research and strategy.
- Dive deep into category and product line segmentation.
- Conduct competitive audit and global benchmarking.
- Hold one-on-one interviews with key client stakeholders.
- Develop and refine the brand strategy, architecture and key creative requirements.
- Conduct an interactive ideation session to:
- share key findings from Immersion Phase
- review, generate and select brand positioning territories
- blue-sky creative streams for agreed-upon brand positioning strategy.
- Develop the initial visual cues and brand language.
- Ask your creative team to provide you with design options that include mock-ups that align with your brand vision, product strategy and key requirements.
- Work closely with your team to finalize your creative direction.
- Take your brand and product package through to final art.
- Ensure you have an end-to-end process in place to achieve the highest levels of budget and timeline efficiencies.
- Leverage SJC’s expertise and industry relationships to negotiate the best design and production costs.
Marketing & Strategy
- Competitive & Trend Research
- All-Channel Content Planning & Strategy
Creative & Interactive
- Art Direction
- Design & Layout
- Retail Expertise
- Brand Strategy
- Brand Identity Development
- Packaging Design
- Fashion, Food, Automotive
- Kitchen & Prep Studio
- 360° Stills & Hotspots
- Product Sample Warehouse
- Online Videos & Broadcast
- Editing & Colour Grading
Production & Colour Centre
- File Assembly
- French Translation
- Colour Retouching
- Digital Development & Coding
Carpentry & Propping
- Custom Set Builds
- Prop Library
- Prop Stylists
- Branded Content Strategy
- Multi-Platform: Print, Events & Digital
- Consumer Magazines