Engaging Consumers in a Crowded Retail Space
Each brand has a unique story, but how do you bring that story forward in a competitive marketplace? With effective brand-building strategies and inventive packaging design solutions, brands can create memorable consumer experiences.
MAKING YOUR MARK
The physical package is often the first point of contact a consumer has with a brand.
Your brand’s success hinges on the impact of its package design at retail. It takes just 3 seconds for consumers to decide to buy a product. Brands need a unique point of differentiation that connects with customers to make those precious seconds count.
Package design is often your best opportunity to express a brand’s personality through effective communication of benefits, attributes, ingredients and directions. Consumer concerns about sustainability and eco-friendly packaging are now hot-button issues. While the physical material of your packaging may not be at the forefront of the design process, it’s a critical element to consider.
When these details are carefully considered and executed, strategic package design can grab consumer’s attention, raise brand value, and most importantly, drive sales.
OUR 4 STEPS TO BUILDING POWERFUL BRANDS
Stemming from the late Don Watt, creator of the revolutionary Loblaw’s No Name and President’s Choice brand design, creating and building brands is part of our DNA. We continue to follow Don’s brand design philosophy while improving and modernizing the process that allows us to stay ahead of the curve and ensure our clients continue to win in the marketplace.
In today’s digital-first world, we know brands have to work all that much harder, on shelf and beyond. SJC’s 4-step approach, helps create effective and memorable brands that will stand the test of time.
- Review relevant research and strategy.
- Dive deep into category and product line segmentation.
- Conduct competitive audit and global benchmarking.
- Hold one-on-one interviews with key client stakeholders.
- Share key findings from Immersion Phase
- Review, generate and select brand positioning territories
- Blue-sky creative streams for agreed-upon brand positioning strategy.
- Develop and refine the brand strategy, architecture and key creative requirements.
- Develop the initial visual cues and brand language.
- Create design options including mock-ups that align with the brand vision, product strategy and key requirements.
- Finalize the creative direction.
- Take your brand and product package through to final production art.
- Ensure you have an end-to-end process in place to achieve the highest levels of budget and timeline efficiencies.
- Maintain creative consistency and brand stewardship with print production.
Getting the colours, imagery, copy and claims right are integral to a successful package design, but it’s not enough in this competitive atmosphere.
Brands also need to find the most impactful and efficient ways to best represent their goods on the shelf. Speed to market can make or break a product launch. By reaching consumers before competitors do, you can increase market share, which is key to improving your company’s profits.
With our adaptive and integrated end-to-end process, SJC can help optimize your product’s packaging and create a compelling brand experience that turns browsers into buyers… within those critical first 3 seconds.